Ultrasonic Corrosion Tank Scanner
The TankScan is the first scanner specifically designed for API 653 inspection for the purpose of performing ultrasonic B-scan corrosion scanning of tank walls that are 6ft in diameter or greater to flat surfaces, such as a tank’s roof top. The scanner is designed with a strong magnetic base and soft contact wheels so that paint damage or scan marks are a thing of the past, while crossing weld seams with ease. The scanner comes with our new modular non-contact IP68 rated encoder that has a life time warranty*; the same encoder which can be found in our NanoScan II scanner and all future hand scanners currently being designed.
The scanner also comes with a quick connect spring loaded gimble, the same gimble also being used on our NanoScan II scanner that works with our line of BSP transducers and skids. This gimble can also be used to hold custom probes and skids, including phased array for C-scan strip scans. The TankScan comes with a 100 ft umbilical that includes the encoder cable, 3 UT lines and irrigation tubing. This kit also comes with a heavy duty shipping case and bag that contains ten 6 ft. poles to give you a total of 60 ft. of scan distance. Best of all, the price; completely cost effect to you while giving you the reliability and versatility you need from an advanced NDT product.
Proudly designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA
- Manual push/pull encoded scanner specifically designed for ultrasonic API 653 tank inspections
- Conventional 0-degree B-Scan or phased array C-Scan
- 60 ft. of sectioned aluminum poles and 100 ft. umbilical
- Waterproof IP68 Encoder.
- Scanner and gimble
- 100ft umbilical
- 10 x 6ft push/pull scan poles
- Travel case
- BSP transducers and skips
- Spare encoder and cables in 15ft, 50ft and 100ft lengths
- Calibration blocks
- Encoder Resolution: .0004” (.01mm)
- Length: 5.8” (148mm)
- Width: 10.08” (256mm)
- Height 2.88” (73mm)
- Scan Limits: Axial 72” (1828mm) Circ. 6” (152mm)
- Weight: 4lbs Scanner body